Monday, June 23, 2008

Divine Chocolate Sauce


There are many things in my house that I'm pretty sure I wasn't responsible for acquiring. That of course includes magazines. My first impulse is to get rid of them, but the Scot in me wouldn't do that on just a whim. So I found a magazine entitled Cuisine at home, dated June 2008. It's brand new and I didn't buy it, so who did and why? After semi-carefully looking through the magazine I can't answer those questions, but I did like the looks of this chocolate sauce on page 33.

1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon corn syrup
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

Bring the cream and corn syrup to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium hear. Place the chocolate in a bowl and pour the cream mixture over the chocolate Let stand for a minute to melt, then whisk until smooth.

My impulse would be to simply put all the ingredients into a glass bowl and microwave for a minute or so. The main objective for the heat is to melt the chocolate gently, so you do want to sneak up on it. Also, I think I might like to substitute a darker chocolate, after first trying the original recipe.

No comments: